The newest addition to One Haute Mommy is the Daily Dupe, a post dedicated to saving beauty-a-holics, like myself, money without sacrificing quality. "Dupe" is short for duplicate and in the beauty world dupes are products that are very similar in appearance and almost always have a wallet-friendly price tag.
NYX HD Eyeshadow Base, not to be confused with NYX Eyeshadow base in the little white tub, is an excellent dupe for Urban Decay Primer Potion. The main difference is that NYX HD Eyeshadow Base goes on a bit wetter, therefore it needs a little bit more setting time before applying shadow. NYX HD Eyeshadow Base only comes in one shade, whereas Urban Decay Primer Potion comes in 4 shades. NYX HD Eyeshadow Base is available at Ulta for the wallet friendly price of $7. Ulta often times has coupons so chances are you will get it even cheaper!
The verdict: If you want amazing looking eyes and want to save some money definitely get the NYX HD Eyeshadow Base, the difference between the two is miniscule and you will save a whopping $13. With that said, Urban Decay Primer Potion is still an icon in my book, but I love to save money and NYX HD Eyeshadow Base gives me the same coverage for a lot less.
- The Daily Dupe: Benefit High Beam
- Beauty Freebie: Simple Skincare
- Ipsy Glam Bag: September's Beauty Haul
- The Daily Dupe: MAC Pretty Please Lipstick
- The Daily Dupe: NARS Albatross
- The Daily Dupe: Mac Studio Fix Foundation
- Purex Fabric Softener Dryer Sheets and a Giveaway!...
- The Daily Dupe: Urban Decay De-Slick Oil-Control M...
- The Daily Dupe: Makeup Forever HD Microfinish Powd...
- The Daily Dupe: Stila Kitten
- Chug Patrol: Ready to Rescue DVD Giveaway
- The Daily Dupe: Urban Decay Primer Potion
- The Daily Dupe: NARS Orgasm
- ▼ September (13)
- ► 2011 (74)