Sep 23, 2013

The Daily Dupe: Mac Studio Fix Foundation

The newest addition to One Haute Mommy is the Daily Dupe, a post dedicated to saving beauty-a-holics, like myself, money without sacrificing quality. "Dupe" is short for duplicate and in the beauty world dupes are products that are very similar in appearance and almost always have a wallet-friendly price tag.

I love MAC!  MAC is definitely one of my favorite cosmetic brands and I own many of their products. MAC Studio Fix is a liquid foundation that provides great coverage, lasts all day and when applied correctly will give you a flawless complexion. The only downfall to MAC is the $27 price tag. Without further adieu meet Revlon Colorstay.

Revlon Colorstay is a full coverage foundation that can be purchased at most drugstores (Walgreens and CVS) as well as Wal-Mart and Target. Like Mac, it is a liquid foundation that offers a wide range of shades. Revlon Colorstay is a great alternative to MAC Studio Fix and will only set you back $10.

 MAC Studio Fix and Revlon Colorstay are full coverage foundations, both include SPF 15 and offer a wide range of shades that include both warm and cool undertones and are packaged similarly (both in a glass tube with no pump). The main differences that I noticed are Revlon Colorstay is a bit thinner than MAC Studio Fix and Revlon dries faster which means you have less time to work with it. I recommend using a damp makeup sponge to apply Revlon Colorstay.

I still love the MAC Studio Fix because I prefer having time to work with my foundation, but Revlon Colorstay is a great alternative if you are looking for something similar to MAC minus the hefty price tag.

2 comments :

  1. I haven't tried MAC before but I am in need of a foundation that really covers and isn't cakey. Good to know that the Revlon Colorstay works similar for cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and if you have a CVS or Walgreens nearby you can usually score the Revlon cheaper with coupons or extra bucks!

      Delete