May 4, 2011

Win It Wednesday: Weekly Wins

As you know, I love entering contests and have won quite a few items. This week along with my weekly wins list, I am including a few tips to help keep you organized with your contest wins.

Contests are awesome and you can win a lot, but you need to keep proof that you won. Here's why? Just say, you do not receive an item that you won and you contact the sponsor of the giveaway. If they do not have you listed as a winner you will need to prove that you won. Believe me, I recently had this happen to me!

Here are a few pointers:

* Take screen shots of Twitter winning message, Facebook messages and even instant win games.
* Save all emails containing information regarding your win.
* Make a list of the items you won, the date you won them, and who you won them through.

Keep in mind, most contests are legit, but sometimes people hold fake contests. Always try to communication nicely with the sponsor, if you do not get a reply, keep trying.


I have started the "Win It Wednesday: Weekly Wins" post and will post a new one each and every Wednesday. I will post the items that I have won in the past week and hopefully hear of items that you have won.

With that said, in the past week I have won:
* A Chuggington DVD (Blog win)
* A Mavea Water Pitcher from @inspiredwater
* A t-shirt from @DirtyShirtyTees
* A pair of shades from @nyscollection
* A pair of jeans from @CharlotteRusse
* A $2oo gift basket loaded with Pixi Beauty cosmetics from @stylehivebuzz
* A prize from @3LABSkincare (for being their 1000th Twitter follower)
* A Brita Prize pack which includes a Grand Pitcher, Brita Bottle, and 3-pack replacement filters (from @GiveawayNow)

That is my list for the past week. What have you won lately? Please comment below, I would love to hear about your wins!
Kathleen Signature

4 comments :

  1. Wooo Hooo!! (is that how you write it?) You did good last week!! Congrats on your wins!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow you did great last week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you tell me what a screen shot is? I don't mean to be so ignorant...is it actually taking a picture of the computer screen? or is it something available on Twitter or Facebook that I just don't know how to use yet?
    Thanks for your time.
    Congrats on your wins, btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is taking a pic of your computer screen. My laptop has a button that says "PrtSc" and when I click it, it automatically takes a screen shot, then I open Paint and paste and save it. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete